Wednesday December 30th 7:30pm – 60 minutes
- Writer – Alasdair Morrison/David Isaac
- Director – Peter Rose
PAUL FALLS INTO TODD’S TRAP Todd calls for Paul on his way to work. Billy tells Todd how grateful he is that Paul has got both him and Ajay to look after him at work as he’s inclined to follow his heart which can get him into trouble. When Paul takes a call from a distressed Will Todd urges Paul to go round to his house to help him. When Paul ends up arrested for assaulting a man he believed to be Will’s stepdad, Todd is the first to show support for Billy and Summer whilst cleverly putting the boot in to Paul with the police. Billy thanks Todd for his kindness towards Summer and all the support he’s given Paul. Todd smiles to himself. A dejected Paul lies alone in his police cell wondering how he got himself into this mess.
TIM TRIES TO MOVE ON Tim surveys the array of toys Elaine gave him and confides in Sally that he doesn’t really want to be reminded of a childhood that never really existed. When Tim reveals that he’s thinking of stashing the toys in the attic, Elaine covers her disappointment and assures him it’s up to him what he chooses to do with them. Evelyn offers to sell them at a jumble sale but when Dev discovers that one car alone is worth £2000 the race is on to find out who has bought it.
ADAM TRIES TO DO RIGHT BY HIS FAMILY Adam confronts Gary in the furniture shop and suggests Gary dug up Rick’s body. Faye wonders what’s going on but Gary’s quick to close the conversation down.
KEN URGES PETER TO FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE Ignoring Daniel’s advice, Adam breaks the news to Ken about Peter’s state of health. Ken visits Peter in hospital and is shocked to realise the gravity of his condition. Exhausted and clearly depressed, Peter tells Ken that after years of self abuse, it’s time to accept that he’s dying. Ken’s devastated.
IMRAN BURSTS TOYAH’S BUBBLE When Imran reveals that he turned down another foster baby, worried it might be too soon, Toyah’s gutted. Imran promises to phone social services and rectify the situation. Having called social services, Imran breaks the news to Toyah that he was too late and they placed the child with someone else. Toyah’s gutted and Imran knows he’s messed up.
ELSEWHERE Arthur calls at the cafe with a belated Christmas present for Evelyn. Evelyn gives him short shrift and Arthur heads out deflated, leaving the present on the table. Asserting that she wants nothing more to do with Arthur, Evelyn picks up the Christmas present and heads out.
- Andrew Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Charlie De Melo as Imran Habeeb
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Colson Smith as Craig Tinker
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Earl Wan as Dr Chen
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Harriet Bibby as Summer Spellman
- James Ford as Bloke
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Paul Copley as Arthur Medwin
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Samuel Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Tina O’Brien as Sarah Barlow
- William Roache as Ken Barlow